After the dark chill of Winter, Spring feels like a burst of sunlight. It’s a time for fresh starts, new beginnings – and the perfect time to focus on feeling your best by getting active.
Physical activity is more than striving to achieve the perfect physique. It has been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep quality and help you live longer.
A fresh start can begin with simply incorporating small changes into your daily routine.
Here are our top tips to add some activity in your life;
- Once a day try to take the stairs instead of catching a lift to increase your heart rate
- Park a block away from your workplace or get off at an earlier bus stop to sneak in 10 minutes of exercise
- Try to break activity up into small manageable chunks. For example; Get moving during a television ad break
- Consider joining a sport team to make friends and have some fun while you exercise.
- Try to stretch and move in the morning to help you feel energised throughout the day.
Remember, it is important to listen to your body and to not put yourself at risk. It is very important to discuss with your local GP prior to starting any sort of exercise routine and ask about any possible health risks.
Click here to book an appointment with one of our doctors.